Office Properties Income Trust
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Office Properties Income Trust is a real estate investment firm. Office Properties Income Trust has maintained an ongoing dedication to improving its energy management program, leveraging ENERGY STAR® tools and resources in unique ways to communicate throughout its organization. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 47 buildings and becoming a Premier Member of ENERGY STAR Certification Nation.
- Updating its standard equipment specifications with a particular focus on the impact equipment may have on carbon emissions during its 15–30-year lifespan.
- Expanding on its active, real-time data capture program with automated weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly reporting on ENERGY STAR scores, energy consumption, and energy related spending at 42 buildings.
- Conducting a training for new hires and brokers that includes information on the ENERGY STAR program and requirements about data sharing for benchmarking.
- Participating in an annual competition focused on energy efficiency best practices. In 2022, the competition took the form of a Reduce Runtime Challenge, which focused on reducing HVAC equipment runtimes in areas where tenants have not yet fully returned post-COVID.
- Tracking emissions reductions in a dashboard that allows for easy viewing of ENERGY STAR scores, energy use intensities, and emissions compared to program targets.