Office Properties Income Trust
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Office Properties Income Trust is a real estate investment firm. Office Properties Income Trust has demonstrated an ongoing dedication to its energy management program, leveraging ENERGY STAR tools and resources in unique ways to communicate throughout its organization. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR Certification for 34 buildings in 2019.
- Increasing its average ENERGY STAR score across its portfolio from a 69 to a 72 from 2018 to 2019 and reducing its average weather-normalized source energy use intensity by over 8 percent from 2018 to 2019.
- Hosting its fourth annual internal energy competition to recognize teams that improve the ENERGY STAR score at their property the most and implement the most efficient energy and water measures over a three-month period. Its 2019 competition focused on engaging tenants and resulted in its largest participation rate with 31 properties, totaling almost five million square feet of space.
- Expanding on its active real-time data capture program with automated weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reporting on ENERGY STAR scores, energy consumption and energy related spending at 38 buildings, representing over 6.5 million square feet.
- Communicating ENERGY STAR successes to external stakeholders through press releases and providing direct messaging to tenants via email blasts and common space posting regarding ENERGY STAR recommendations for simple ways to reduce energy consumption.