Charlotte, North Carolina
Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Northwood Office is a commercial development, leasing, and property management firm. Northwood Office has demonstrated a strong commitment to energy management and its partnership with ENERGY STAR through the development of a robust energy management program, which promotes ENERGY STAR to internal and external audiences. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR Certification for 62 properties in 2020.
- Earning its first-ever Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition for a newly constructed 11-story office building.
- Delivering trainings to general managers, property managers, and other staff on the value of ENERGY STAR and the company’s partnership via internal and external webinars.
- Implementing a policy to benchmark all currently owned properties and new acquisitions using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and pursue ENERGY STAR certification if eligible.
- Completing the BOMA W2 Challenge to track water and waste using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and being featured in a BOMA article noting its achievements and continued efforts for continued water and waste cost savings.
- Leveraging tools and software to auto-sync utilities within ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager for superior accuracy and timely data collecting.