Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Northwestern University is a private academic and research university. In the past year, Northwestern reduced the weather-normalized source energy use intensity of its campus buildings by nearly 6 percent, while continuing to promote the value of energy efficiency to internal and external audiences. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Issuing a Request for Information (RFI) to establish a long-term contract with an Efficiency as a Service (EaaS) provider.
- Delivering a presentation at the International District Energy Association conference on the value of building-level metering.
- Benchmarking the water use of more than 90 of its buildings in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® for the first time.
- Engaging the campus community on efficiency through various events, including a campus awards program for contributions to sustainability, an efficiency competition between residence halls, a basketball game that highlighted energy conservation and an Earth Day event featuring an ENERGY STAR photo booth.
- Broaching the issue of efficiency with its dining provider, resulting in the installation of ENERGY STAR certified products in spaces that were renovated during the year.
- Highlighting ENERGY STAR certified products at a sustainability fair for students living off-campus.