Partner of the Year
Northwestern University is a private academic and research university receiving Partner of the Year recognition. Northwestern has demonstrated an institution-wide commitment to energy management, reducing the energy use intensity of its buildings by five percent over the last year while also promoting the value of efficiency and ENERGY STAR on campus and to the public. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Improving the University’s average 1-100 ENERGY STAR score by 7percent over a 2017 baseline.
- Promoting the value of efficiency and ENERGY STAR through communications that engage the campus community, such as events throughout the month of April connected to Earth Day.
- Formalizing its commitment to energy efficiency through a goal to reduce energy use intensity 20 percent by 2020 and creating a governance structure to tackle the related challenges.
- Developing a system to streamline and organize the data coming from campus utility meters to inform decision-making.
- Expanding its Green Office Certification program, modeled after ENERGY STAR Bring Your Green to Work, to engage a cumulative 900 University employees.
- Implementing a system to track the lifecycle of energy conservation measures and efficiency projects.