North Penn School District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
North Penn School District, an active ENERGY STAR® partner, educates 13,000 students and manages 20 buildings. The district is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its aggressive, no-capital expense energy management program focused on improving district-wide energy efficiency and educating students on the value of saving energy. The successes were achieved by harnessing the talents and energy of all employees and students to set and achieve specific goals to reduce energy consumption. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Achieving 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR scores of 75 or higher for all 20 buildings in its portfolio, with 14 buildings exceeding an ENERGY STAR score of 90. Each building has also maintained a score of 75 or higher since the first year it earned ENERGY STAR certification.
- Educating the community on the benefits of energy management programs in annual reports, school-based calendars, and media outlets.
- Entering all schools in the district into the ENERGY STAR National Building Competition, and continuing to improve even after the competition ended.
- Delivering more than 19 presentations outlining the importance of energy management in K-12 public schools and the benefit of using ENERGY STAR tools and resources to advance energy management programs.
- Reducing energy use by 37 percent compared to its 2010 baseline.