Nissan North America, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is a motor vehicle manufacturer. By utilizing ENERGY STAR® tools and resources, Nissan reduced its North American manufacturing energy intensity by 1% despite lower production levels caused by supply chain disruptions. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification at two manufacturing plants, including the Canton Assembly plant which was last certified in 2017.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR Find the Treasure campaign by sharing the results of six energy treasure hunts that identified over 18,139 MMBtu in potential energy savings.
- Utilizing the ENERGY STAR partner network and Motor Vehicle Industry Focus to benchmark best practices in energy dashboards and compressed air management resulting in operational improvements.
- Helping 16 schools in Mississippi earn ENERGY STAR certification by providing pro-bono professional engineer reviews.
- Actively supporting the ENERGY STAR Motor Vehicle Industry Focus, ENERGY STAR industrial partnership, and Southeast Energy Management Best Practice Network through mentoring, benchmarking, and sharing information.