Nissan North America, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Nissan North America, Inc. manufacturers motor vehicles in North America. Nissan maintained ENERGY STAR® certification at two out of four of its U.S. manufacturing plants, despite impacts on production caused by supply chain interruptions. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Tracking energy performance for over 40 facilities using ENERGY STAR tools to drive greater energy efficiency.
- Actively supporting the ENERGY STAR Motor Vehicle Industry Focus and ENERGY STAR industrial partnership through mentoring, benchmarking, and sharing information.
- Helping 13 schools in Mississippi earn ENERGY STAR certification by providing pro-bono professional engineer reviews.
- Setting a new goal to be carbon neutral by 2050.
- Launching new employee awareness initiatives focused on reducing lighting energy consumption.