Nissan North America, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Nissan North America, Inc. is a motor vehicle manufacturer. Nissan renewed employee engagement by launching a new communication campaign, Save at Home! Save at Work! to reduce plant carbon dioxide emissions and energy consumption. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Improving Nissan’s average ENERGY STAR energy performance scores across the region by 3.8 points, despite COVID-related shutdowns.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for two manufacturing plants.
- Enhancing plant energy management through improved dashboards and data visualization, presentation of energy consumption and budget performance data by shop, and actionable weekend energy scorecards.
- Adapting to conditions of 2020 by conducting virtual plant energy and environmental assessments, enabling the engagement of manufacturing experts and avoiding the need to travel.
- Acting on benchmarking studies conducted by the ENERGY STAR Motor Vehicle Focuses to improve the efficiency of compressed air and chiller systems.