Nissan North America, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Nissan North America is the manufacturing and operations headquarters for Nissan automobile production and sales in the United States and Mexico, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. In 2018, Nissan’s Decherd, Tennessee Infiniti Powertrain Plant became the first U.S. powertrain plant to qualify for ENERGY STAR plant certification. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a 12 percent reduction in energy intensity since 2013.
- Earning ENERGY STAR plant certification for the Smyrna Assembly Plant for the 13th straight year.
- Working with EPA’s Region 4 staff to introduce industrial companies from the cereal, metal casting, and utility industries to ENERGY STAR and providing engineering support to 25 Rankin County schools by assisting them with ENERGY STAR certification and energy management.
- Initiating external and alternative financing for energy projects for the first time, with the assistance of ENERGY STAR industrial partners.
- Supporting an increased level of energy benchmarking of painting processes through the ENERGY STAR Auto Focus group.
- Expanding Nissan’s adaptation of the ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt process to include activities focused on water reduction.