Nissan North America, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Nissan North America, Inc. is the manufacturing and operations headquarters for Nissan automobile production and sales in the United States and Mexico. The Nissan Green Program (NGP) guides Nissan’s global energy efficiency strategies and was implemented to support the company’s sustainability vision. Nissan is receiving the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued energy management performance and promotion of energy efficiency. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a 1.6-percent reduction in enterprise-wide energy intensity over 2016 despite changes in production that negatively affected manufacturing efficiency.
- Saving more than 6.54 trillion British thermal units, equivalent to the amount of energy needed to drive a Nissan LEAF™ over 6.84 billion miles since becoming a partner in 2006.
- Maintaining ENERGY STAR certification of its automobile assembly plants for 12 consecutive years.
- Achieving the goals of the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at its Smyrna Stamping Plant and taking the Challenge for Industry at three new plants.
- Engaging employees and conducting energy treasure hunts using ENERGY STAR guidance, identifying over $1.97 million in annual energy saving opportunities.
- Expanding ENERGY STAR certification of K-12 schools to 25 and introducing energy management to more than 500 students by hosting an Energy Day event.