Nissan North America, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Nissan North America, Inc. is the manufacturing and operations headquarters for Nissan in the United States and Mexico. The Nissan Green Program (NGP) guides Nissan’s global energy efficiency strategies and was implemented to support the company's environmental philosophy: Symbiosis of People, Vehicles, and Nature. Nissan is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued energy management performance, improvement, and promotion of energy efficiency. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving more than an eight-percent reduction in enterprise wide energy intensity over the previous year. Since becoming an ENERGY STAR partner in 2006, Nissan has saved more than 6.08 trillion British thermal units (Btu), equivalent to the amount of energy needed to drive a Nissan LEAF™ more than 6.35 billion miles.
- Maintaining ENERGY STAR certification of its automobile assembly plants for 11 consecutive years while earning certification at six office buildings.
- Investing $1.6 million toward energy efficiency upgrades.
- Generating more than 2.5 million media impressions that promote ENERGY STAR.
- Hosting an ENERGY STAR Industrial Showcase event that highlighted efficiency improvements at the Decherd Tennessee plant.
- Expanding support for ENERGY STAR certification of K-12 schools to 27 schools with 20 being recertified for the fourth time.