Nissan North America, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Nissan North America, Inc. is the manufacturing and operations headquarters for Nissan in the United States and Mexico. The Nissan Green Program (NGP) guides Nissan’s global energy efficiency strategies and was implemented to support the company's environmental philosophy: Symbiosis of People, Vehicles, and Nature. Nissan is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued energy management performance, improvement, and promotion of energy efficiency. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a one-percent energy intensity reduction from 2014 while production volumes increased significantly. Since becoming an ENERGY STAR partner in 2006, Nissan has saved more than 5.34 trillion British thermal units, equivalent to the amount of energy needed to drive a Nissan LEAF™ more than 4.7 billion miles.
- Maintaining ENERGY STAR certification of its automobile assembly plants for 10 consecutive years while earning certification at six office buildings.
- Finishing in third place in overall contributions to the ENERGY STAR Pledge by securing commitments to reduce over 101 million pounds of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Providing support to the first Motor Vehicle Supplier Energy Management Training Camp.
- Expanding support for ENERGY STAR certification of K-12 schools. Nissan assistance was critical to the certification of five schools in Tennessee and the recertification of 20 schools in Mississippi.