Nissan North America, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Nissan North America, Inc. is the manufacturing and operations headquarters for Nissan in the United States and Mexico. As a global automaker, Nissan is committed to creating a sustainable mobile society. Nissan is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued energy management performance, improvement, and promotion of energy efficiency. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Improving U.S. enterprise energy efficiency by 13 percent over 2013 and by 35 percent since 2009.
- Promoting energy efficiency downstream of the company to customers by including an energy efficiency flyer in Nissan LEAF glove boxes.
- Establishing internal best energy management practices such as requiring design engineers to evaluate new capital projects and equipment for energy impacts at inception.
- Expanding support for ENERGY STAR certification of K-12 schools. Nissan assistance was critical to the certification of five schools in Tennessee and the recertification of 19 in Mississippi.
- Supporting EPA and the casting industry through the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Aluminum Casting.
- Reaching third place overall for pledge contributions to the ENERGY STAR Change the World pledge drive.