The NH Energy Efficiency Team
Manchester, New Hampshire
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The NH Energy Efficiency Team consisted of the four electric and two gas utilities in the state, including Eversource; Liberty Utilities; New Hampshire Electric Cooperative, Inc.; and Unitil Energy Systems, Inc. It is implementing the New Hampshire ENERGY STAR® Certified Homes program in conjunction with GDS Associates, Horizon Residential Energy Services, the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission, and the NH Home Builders Association. The NH Energy Efficiency Team is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its successful implementation of the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Certifying more than 6,400 homes over the last decade, and providing incentives to 475 homes in 2014, while growing from an initial two percent of market share to its current 20 percent.
- Sending bill inserts highlighting ENERGY STAR certified homes to 400,000 customers, participating in 20 home shows and energy-related events attended by over 20,000 people, and updating and re-launching the NHSaves.com website.
- Holding one-on-one HVAC-specific, builder, and interactive consumer training, and partnering with the New Hampshire Board of Realtors to provide credited training on ENERGY STAR certified homes, in addition to partnering with Manchester Community College’s Building Department to engage the next generation of builders.
- Adding 34 new builder partners, two home energy rating companies, and five new HVAC contractors as program partners.
- Certifying the first ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise Project in New Hampshire (the 3rd in New England).