NH CORE Utilities
Manchester, New Hampshire
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The New Hampshire (NH) CORE Energy Efficiency Team is a multi-utility energy efficiency service provider that includes Eversource, Liberty Utilities, New Hampshire Electric Cooperative, Inc., and Unitil Energy Systems, Inc. The New Hampshire ENERGY STAR® Homes program is implemented in conjunction with GDS Associates, Horizon Residential Energy Services, the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission, and the Home Builders and Remodelers Association of New Hampshire. The NH CORE Energy Efficiency Team is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its successful implementation of the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Providing incentives to more than 700 units in 2015, for a total of more than 6,900, while growing from an initial two percent of market share to close to 20 percent over the past decade.
- Participating in 15 home and energy-related events attended by over 15,000 people, sending monthly bill inserts highlighting ENERGY STAR to over 400,000 customers, and developing an NHSaves magazine, which was sent to 10,000 customers.
- Holding 25 stakeholder training seminars, with one session attended by over 100 heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) contractors.
- Continuing to repurpose older mill buildings into energy efficient housing units; the Mills of Keene transformed a bicycle manufacturing plant into 74 off-campus housing units for Keene State College.
- Collaborating extensively with town code enforcement officials and State Energy Building Code Administrators to encourage clients, customers, and applicants to participate in the New Hampshire ENERGY STAR Homes program.