New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
Albany, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
NYSERDA works with stakeholders throughout New York to enable residents to benefit from energy efficiency and renewable energy and is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition.
NYSERDA’s market development activities reduce costs and accelerate consumer demand for energy efficiency and clean energy solutions. NYSERDA, an ENERGY STAR partner since 2001, uses ENERGY STAR serving as the foundation for its residential programs. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Completing a cumulative total of 87,364 Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) projects.
- Continuing to offer a 50 percent discount for households with an income of 80 percent or less of the area median income.
- Incorporating ground source heat pump incentive program in the residential finance program. Since 2014, it received 47,486 applications and closed 23,636 loans. Approximately 28 percent of all participants in the HPwES program are using program financing.
- Adopting the national data standard HPXML, which standardizes home performance data across all projects. With this standardization, the program automated many administrative functions and reduced approval process times for contractors.
- Earning 14,026 sessions on the HPwES marketing microsite from paid search campaigns; 3 percent of traffic signed up for an assessment.
- Supporting the construction of more than 2,100 ENERGY STAR certified single-family homes and multifamily apartments, for a total of nearly 34,000 since joining the program.