New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
Albany, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), an ENERGY STAR® partner since 2001, helps New York residents reduce costs and accelerates consumer demand for energy efficiency. NYSERDA’s diverse energy efficiency programs are part of a comprehensive effort to increase the use of renewables and save energy. NYSERDA is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its ongoing support of numerous ENERGY STAR programs.
- Achieving a 30 percent assessment-to-Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) project conversion rate, conducting more than 12,900 energy assessments, and completing 6,334 HPwES projects with 179 contractors.
- Capturing 2,445 MWh in electric savings and 155,055 million British thermal units (MMBtu) in fossil fuel savings across all program areas.
- Offering extensive financing for HPwES projects. In 2017, 29 percent of customers used program financing.
- Reaching low-income customers with the EmPower program; 2,421 households received electric reduction services and 6,551 homes received combined electric reduction and heating efficiency services.
- Conducting groundbreaking research into the energy savings potential of smart home devices, using a novel technique to estimate savings in real homes.
- Verifying more than 2,000 ENERGY STAR single-family and multifamily certified units, for a total of 31,000 units since joining the program.