New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
Albany, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
As a public benefit corporation, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) administers programs that are designed to help New York meet its energy goals: reduce energy consumption, promote the use of renewable energy sources, and protect the environment. In 2014, the combined energy savings from NYSERDA’s New Construction, Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® (HPwES), EmPower New York, and Qualifying Products programs are expected to save New York enough power to meet the annual electric needs of nearly 17,000 homes. NYSERDA is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of Year—Sustained Excellence for its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR, ENERGY STAR Certified Homes, and Energy Efficient Products programs. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Converting 32 percent of HPwES assessments to projects, resulting in more than 6,300 completed projects in the first three quarters of 2014.
- Experiencing an increase of more than 14 percent in the monetary value of the work completed in the HPwES program compared to last year.
- Implementing new application procedures that resulted in 26 percent more applications for low cost financing over 2013.
- Analyzing opportunities with NY Green Bank to support residential energy efficiency including business development loans for HPwES participating contractors and more flexible underwriting standards for consumer loans.
- Offering incentives for more than 1,100 ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2014, for a total of 25,452 certified homes built since NYSERDA joined the program.