New Tradition Homes
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
New Tradition Homes (NTH), a family-owned builder, has been building100 percent ENERGY STAR® Certified Homes since 2006. The company undertakes a comprehensive division-wide training program to maximize the understanding and value of ENERGY STAR certified homes. NTH is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence for its promotion of building science applications and its dedication to the Certified Homes program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 200 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total of more than 1,800 since joining the program in 2004.
- Installing smart thermostats in every home, with projected annual savings between $130-$145, and bringing ductwork into the conditioned spaces of the home to reduce energy waste. This move is estimated to save approximately 15 percent on the heating/cooling load of each home.
- Including a heat recovery ventilation system in every home, resulting in less redundant ductwork and providing fresh air that can be filtered in a more effective manner.
- Providing humidistat controls on all exhaust fans for all bathrooms with a shower or tub for hands-free moisture control, saving energy by not running needlessly.
- Participating in ENERGY STAR Day on Facebook, and increasing its reach to 23,500 ‘likes’ in 2017; website traffic also increased to more than 890,000 page views and the company’s YouTube channel features ENERGY STAR videos.
- Showcasing a “Smart Home” display booth at multiple shows, featuring the latest in energy-efficient lighting, tankless hot water systems, smart low voltage electrical panels, heat recovery ventilation systems, high efficiency furnaces, and ENERGY STAR certified appliances.