New Mexico Gas Company, A TECO Energy Company
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New Mexico Gas Company (NMGC), a TECO Energy Company, serves more than half a million residential customers throughout the state of New Mexico. About 95-percent of residents in its service territory rely on natural gas, primarily for water and home heating. NMGC is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its ongoing and highly successful efforts to help residential customers reduce natural gas demand and for successfully educating customers, builders, and contractors about the benefits of ENERGY STAR. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Building on program successes of past years to further advance the market for ENERGY STAR certified furnaces, boilers, and water heaters. Program goals were exceeded, with sales of 800 ENERGY STAR certified furnaces and 700 water heaters and savings of more than 100,000 therms in 2015.
- Offering rebates to promote the installation of ENERGY STAR certified commercial clothes washers, water heaters, furnaces, steam cookers, griddles, convection ovens, fryers, and low/high temperature dishwashers in its Commercial Solutions program.
- Expanding its growing trade ally network by active, multi-channel outreach to key stakeholders including builders, plumbing and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) contractors, Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Raters, and suppliers, and reaching hundreds with information about the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified equipment and utility incentive offerings.
- Increasing the number of participating contractors in the space heating program from 106 to 155 and from 98 to 139 in the water heating program, and builder participation from 12 builders in 2014 to 16 builders in 2015.
- Reaching tens of thousands of New Mexico consumers and industry stakeholders through a range of outreach efforts, including television and online news programs, print advertisements for local publications, advertisements and information placed in trade publications, and industry and consumer outreach events.