New Mexico Gas Company, a TECO Energy Company
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New Mexico Gas Company (NMGC), a TECO Energy Company, serves more than half a million residential customers throughout the state of New Mexico. About 80 percent of residents in its service territory rely on natural gas, primarily for water and home heating. NMGC is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its highly successful efforts to help its residential customers reduce natural gas demand and for successfully educating customers and suppliers about the benefits of ENERGY STAR to achieve its goals. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Marketing the value of ENERGY STAR products to consumers through multiple channels: TV, radio, newspaper, housing magazines, bill inserts, the NMGC website and local home shows, as well as through its trade ally network.
- Growing its trade ally network—increasing the number of participating contractors in the furnace program from 68 to 106 and from 49 to 98 in the tankless water heating program—and educating them on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products and incentives available through NMGC to help overcome higher initial cost.
- Incorporating the ENERGY STAR logo in all program materials including recruitment documents, consumer brochures, and advertisements; proving a variety of consumer-focused point of sale marketing materials to participating contractors and homebuilders; and working with them to ensure the ENERGY STAR label and messaging are properly used in the marketplace.
- Facilitating the sale and installation of 900 certified furnaces and 600 certified tankless water heaters saving approximately 100,000 to 110,000 therms.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified commercial clothes washers, water heaters, steam cookers, griddles, convection ovens, fryers, and dishwashers to its commercial customers.