New Mexico Gas Company
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New Mexico Gas Company (NMGC) is a natural gas utility serving multiple counties across the state. The utility’s energy efficiency programs continued to expand by promoting ENERGY STAR® certified homes and products to save energy across its service territory. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of nearly 50 ENERGY STAR certified homes and increasing the number of participating builders by 13% for a total roster of 52 active participants.
- Achieving more than 144% of its residential program savings goal and increasing the thermal units per home saved by 39% compared to 2021.
- Holding more than 130 meetings and training sessions with builders, home energy rating companies, and other program stakeholders regarding updates to ENERGY STAR program requirements.
- Featuring the ENERGY STAR mark to promote its ENERGY STAR certified products program on several media channels including its website, printed program collateral, social media, point-of-purchase materials, and via community events, including three targeted to lower income customers.
- Working with manufacturers’ local representatives to educate distributors and contractors on available incentives for ENERGY STAR certified equipment and securing commitments for stocking and promoting ENERGY STAR certified products.