New Mexico Gas Company
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New Mexico Gas Company (NMGC) is a natural gas utility serving multiple counties across the state. The utility’s energy efficiency programs continued to expand by promoting ENERGY STAR® certified homes and products to save energy across its service territory. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of nearly 50 ENERGY STAR certified homes and augmenting the number of participating builders by 22%.
- Achieving more than 150% of its residential program savings goal and increasing the thermal units per home saved by 25% compared to 2020.
- Holding more than 130 individual meetings with builders, home energy rating companies, and other program stakeholders regarding ENERGY STAR program updates and trainings.
- Providing incentives for nearly 1,200 ENERGY STAR certified water heaters, furnaces, boilers, and smart thermostats.
- Weatherizing more than 600 homes through NMGC’s Income Qualified Weatherization Program and providing 55 households with ENERGY STAR Low-E windows, more than double its 2020 total.