New Mexico Gas Company
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New Mexico Gas Company (NMGC), headquartered in Albuquerque, is the largest natural gas company in New Mexico. NMGC leveraged ENERGY STAR certified products and homes in its efficiency programs to save its residential and commercial customers more than 400,000 therms in 2019. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Using ENERGY STAR campaigns to drive customers to its program website resulting in a 68 percent growth in web traffic.
- Redesigning its smart thermostat program to require ENERGY STAR certification.
- Engaging the two largest distributors in its service territory to promote ENERGY STAR certified commercial food service equipment, increasing equipment sales by 90 percent over the prior year.
- Supporting the construction of more than 60 ENERGY STAR certified homes, which contributed to an overall program savings of over 290,000 therms.
- Holding more than 200 individual meetings with builders and home energy rating companies regarding the ENERGY STAR certified homes and EPA Indoor airPLUS programs.