New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
Trenton, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities implements the New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program, a statewide program offering financial incentives and services to New Jersey residents, businesses and local governments and is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities demonstrates leadership among Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) programs, saving more than 106,000 British thermal units. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Completing 3,268 HPwES projects in 2018, 1,039 of which were multifamily projects.
- Honoring 8 home performance contractors with the Century Club Award, an award for participating contractors that complete 100 or more projects in a calendar year. One contractor completed 1,255 jobs in 2017 and ranked seventh in the nation while another company ranked 19th in the nation with 648 jobs.
- Utilizing outreach account managers to recruit new participating contractors and expand the HPwES contractor base in New Jersey, exhibiting and speaking at 127 events promoting the program.
- Developing a 90-minute workshop presentation for vocational students on building science and HPwES. Eleven New Jersey vocational schools are interested in receiving the workshop.
- Hosting four trainings specific for participating contractors on the Home Performance market, business planning, quality and service and marketing and sales. The trainings brought in 36 attendees, while technical trainings brought in 552 attendees.
- Collaborating with the New Jersey Institute of Technology to develop a digital customer journey, which is being used as an educational tool and featured on NJCleanEnergy.com. The goal is to illustrate the importance of achieving comfort, safety and durability in homes and stress the health benefits associated with energy efficiency.