New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
Trenton, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (NJBPU) promotes energy efficiency and clean energy by providing financial incentives and informational services to New Jersey residents, business owners, and local governments through its statewide Clean Energy Program. NJBPU is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its notable participation in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program (HPwES). Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Completing 3,050 HPwES projects in 2017, including 797 multifamily projects, and saving more than 80,000 million British thermal units.
- Honoring 10 HPwES participating contractors with the Century Club Award in 2017 for completing at least 100 projects in the calendar year.
- Offering business management trainings to contractors, among several other trainings, in order to train contractors on cultivating sustainable businesses; 48 people attended the business management training.
- Exhibiting and speaking at 112 events over the year to promote the HPwES program to homeowners.
- Creating and hiring Enhanced Outreach Account Managers, dedicated to recruiting contractors for the HPwES program. This includes cultivating relationships with manufacturers to gain access to their installation contractor network.