New Hampshire Electric & Gas Utilities
Manchester, New Hampshire
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New Hampshire Electric & Gas Utilities is a utility consortium made up of Eversource, Liberty Utilities, New Hampshire Electric Co-op, and Unitil. The consortium has consistently promoted ENERGY STAR to builders, home buyers, and other partners and has driven market shares of ENERGY STAR certified homes to nearly 23 percent statewide since the program’s inception in 2002. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of nearly 600 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a cumulative total exceeding 8,900 homes since joining the program.
- Engaging New Hampshire residents on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes through traditional and online promotions, including a paid advertising campaign that generated 10,000 clicks to the program’s website and more than 350 engagements.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR program at home shows statewide that attracted approximately 10,000 visitors, prior to the pandemic shutdown.
- Providing extensive virtual training for builders, homeowners, and other stakeholders on a variety of topics related to ENERGY STAR, including code updates, innovative air-sealing techniques, and renewable energy, and developing a special COVID-19 health and safety training for energy rating companies doing on-site inspections during the second half of the year.
- Offering a new incentive called “Drive to ENERGY STAR,” geared toward familiarizing new builders with program requirements and encouraging them to build with 100 percent ENERGY STAR in the future.