New Hampshire Electric & Gas Utilities
Manchester, New Hampshire
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New Hampshire Electric & Gas Utilities is a utility consortium comprised of Eversource, Liberty Utilities, New Hampshire Electric Co-op, and Unitil. The consortium has consistently promoted ENERGY STAR® to builders, energy rating companies, consumers, and other stakeholders, driving market share of ENERGY STAR certified homes to nearly 33% statewide since the program’s inception in 2002. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of more than 760 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total surpassing 10,900 homes since joining the program.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified homes via NHSaves.com and NH utility social media accounts, increasing website traffic by 44% over the past six months.
- Highlighting the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes in monthly bill inserts to more than 400,000 customers, educating 130 town officials about ENERGY STAR, visiting 200 building material retailers, and distributing 3,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes brochures.
- Continuing to implement the “Drive to ENERGY STAR” initiative, which targets builders close to meeting program requirements; since its inception, more than 50 builders have become ENERGY STAR partners through this initiative.
- Participating in state and regional associations, such as New Hampshire Home Builders, NH Code Collaborative, and the NH Residential Energy Performance Association, and continuing to provide training and recognition opportunities for builders, homeowners, and other stakeholders on a variety of topics related to ENERGY STAR.