New Hampshire Electric & Gas Utilities
Manchester, New Hampshire
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New Hampshire Electric & Gas Utilities is a utility consortium made up of Eversource, Liberty Utilities, New Hampshire Electric Co-op and Unitil. New Hampshire Electric & Gas Utilities has consistently promoted ENERGY STAR to builders, home buyers and other partners as an essential tool and in 2019 drove market share of ENERGY STAR certified homes to nearly 23 percent statewide. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of more than 550 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a cumulative total exceeding 8,500 homes since joining the program in 2002.
- Engaging New Hampshire residents on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes through traditional and online promotions, including a paid advertising campaign that generated 10,000 clicks to the program landing page.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program at home shows statewide that attracted approximately 15,000 visitors.
- Conducting more than 300 hours of training for builders, homeowners and other stakeholders on a variety of topics related to ENERGY STAR, energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Partnering with local organizations to provide technical assistance and incentives to build energy-efficient, permanent residences for homeless veterans and affordable apartments for senior citizens.