New Hampshire Electric & Gas Utilities
Manchester, New Hampshire
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
New Hampshire Electric & Gas Utilities is a utility consortium receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. New Hampshire Electric & Gas Utilities consistently promotes ENERGY STAR to builders as an essential tool and in 2018 drove market participation to over 20 percent statewide. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of more than 750 ENERGY STAR certified homes, saving more than 40 million kilowatt hours over their lifetime.
- Developing a "Drive to ENERGY STAR" program to educate builders and HVAC contractors about program requirements, resulting in the introduction of 33 new builders to the program.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program at home shows state-wide, attracting approximately 15,000 visitors.
- Engaging New Hampshire residents on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes through traditional and online promotions, including social media posts and monthly bill inserts to more than 400,000 customers.
- Conducting more than 40 trainings on ENERGY STAR and energy code requirements and 300 hours of trainings for builders, homeowners, and other stakeholders covering topics including Net Zero building, solar installation, and innovative air sealing techniques.