Nationwide Marketing Group
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Nationwide Marketing Group, a large buying and marketing organization, helps its 5,300 members understand and leverage the benefits of ENERGY STAR® certified products across 14,000 store fronts. The company has developed a high-quality, sustained commitment to comprehensive ENERGY STAR marketing and advertising for its independent retail store members. Nationwide Marketing Group is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its outstanding commitment to promoting energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR product sales and education. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR Retail Products Program with 297 Nationwide member store fronts, touching roughly 18 percent of U.S. consumer households.
- Educating member companies about ENERGY STAR in company newsletters and communications highlighting upcoming specification revisions, promotions, and benefits to consumers. More than 70 percent of Nationwide’s core members and more than 60 percent of associate members are routinely exposed to this training and promotional information through Nationwide’s MemberNet.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR certified products and messaging in a classroom format through new Nationwide Learning Academy courses at the member retailer conference. In 2017 there were 52 live product training sessions that featured ENERGY STAR, with more than 1,000 attendees.
- Developing an easy to use digital media platform that features ENERGY STAR certified products and messaging for use by its members. More than 1500 member companies used these ENERGY STAR Web materials in their local markets. In addition, web banner usage increased 25% over the past year.
- Developing a full annual calendar of numerous Omni-Channel Advertising Packages for its members, showcasing ENERGY STAR certified products, resulting in millions of consumer impressions in local markets. Packages included digital video, search, social media, print circulars, television commercials and point of sale printed materials.