National Grid (RI)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
National Grid Rhode Island (RI) is an electricity and natural gas distribution utility. In 2020, National Grid RI conducted over 6,717 home assessments and 2,444 energy improvement projects while providing continuous service to its customers, despite challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. Key achievements in 2020 include:
- Supporting 877.6 fulltime equivalent workers—a significant portion of the Rhode Island economy, since 71 percent of the 1,151 participating companies reside in the state.
- Increasing installation of ENERGY STAR labelled LED lighting through bulk purchasing, enabling cost-savings for its customers.
- Incorporating remote assessments to ensure staff and homeowner safety.
- Realizing an assessment-to-project conversion rate of 36 percent through September, despite COVID-19 related concerns by homeowners. Conversion rates are expected to increase after pandemic concerns abate.
- Maintaining a high customer satisfaction rate (9.25/10) for the year, despite implementation challenges.
- Partnering with six financial organizations to offer zero percent financing for home improvement energy savings projects.