National Grid RI
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
National Grid Rhode Island (RI) is an electricity and natural gas distribution company. In 2019, National Grid RI provided over 8,590 home assessments, with 40 percent resulting in weatherization improvements for a total of over 3,500 projects completed in 2019. Additional key accomplishments include:
- Ranking third in the nation by American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy for energy efficiency policy and programs, and achieving a perfect score for utility policy and programs.
- Providing 100 percent weatherization incentives up to $4,000 for rental housing tenants, resulting in a 20 percent increase in tenant weatherization projects.
- Offering no-cost home energy assessments to households when customers set up an account, such as moving into a new home.
- Utilizing ENERGY STAR and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) branding and messaging, including a homeowner educational assessment packet, co-branded National Grid/HPwES completion certificate and monthly energy efficiency tips that remind customers of incentives and rebates available to them.
- Effectively procuring LEDs at a low cost, resulting in a large percentage of homes installed with ENERGY STAR labelled LEDs for a program average of 15.5 LEDs per household.
- Adding three additional HPwES contractors to the program.