National Grid (RI)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
National Grid is an electricity and natural gas delivery company that connects nearly 7 million customers to vital energy sources through its networks in New York, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. National Grid Rhode Island is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition.
The company demonstrated excellence in delivering energy efficiency programs, specifically Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES), completing 2,500 projects for over 5,910 megawatt hours and 20,890 million British thermal units in savings.
- Ranking third in the nation by American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) in energy efficiency policy and programs, earning a perfect score from ACEEE for utility policies and programs in Rhode Island for the fifth year in a row.
- Increasing the number of contractors in the HPwES program from 27 to 30.
- Offering incentives towards inline/bath fans and knob and tube remediation to encourage customer participation in the program.
- Implementing a special offer during the summer months for oil and propane to match electric and gas offer, employing contractors during the summer; the program continued throughout the year.
- Working with local governments and organizations to align goals while maximizing budget dollars including the Alliance for Healthy Homes, Commerce RI, the Rhode Island Office of Energy Resources, and the Capital Good Fund.
- Procuring LEDs at lower prices allowing for greater installation of ENERGY STAR labelled LEDs and increased cost effectiveness, providing approximately 20 LEDs per household.