National Grid (RI)
Partner of the Year - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
National Grid US is an electricity and natural gas delivery company that serves nearly 7 million customers through its networks. National Grid Rhode Island is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its leadership in energy efficiency and commitment to Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES). Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Recognizing and adapting to market barriers faced in 2016 (a warm winter and low fuel costs) by making creative modifications to program offerings and marketing. They ensured a successful HPwES program.
- Seeking out potential customers by scrubbing the project cancelation list, reviewing customer characteristics to make a profile of homes to target, and creating additional HPwES marketing materials.
- Requiring all new HPwES contractors to identify a project lead before joining the program. This secured projects for veteran contractors who faced new competition from contractors that joined the HPwES program to supplement their business during the temperate winter with low fuel costs.
- Offering sales training to HPwES participating contractors where they learned to sell to customers’ overall needs as opposed to single measures (e.g., insulation).
- Equipping all field staff with a laptop or tablet, and eliminating paper files to allow for centralization of all files and better communication.