National Grid-Rhode Island
Providence, Rhode Island
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
National Grid-Rhode Island is an electricity and gas company that connects consumers to energy sources through its networks. The company is at the heart of one of the greatest challenges facing our society: creating new, sustainable energy solutions for the future and developing an energy system that underpins economic prosperity in the 21st century. National Grid has managed an evolving home energy assessment program in Rhode Island for more than 20 years and since 2006, has been a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Sponsor (HPwES). National Grid Rhode Island is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its leadership in energy efficiency and its commitment to HPwES. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Developing and implementing a Certificate of Completion to document efficiency improvements made during HPwES projects. Certificates reinforce the value and educational components of HPwES.
- Updating the homeowner educational and marketing materials to include HPwES messaging conveying the importance of ENERGY STAR.
- Achieving outstanding customer relations as evidenced by survey results that say 98 percent of customers would recommend the HPwES program and that satisfaction levels are rated 9.2 out of 10.
- Working closely with state and local governments to align goals for each stakeholder where possible while maximizing budget dollars. Partners include the Alliance for Healthy Homes, the Rhode Island Commerce Corporation the Rhode Island Office of Energy Resources, Solarize Rhode Island, and the Capital Good Fund.
- Maintaining a productive HPwES program by completing 2,939 projects in 2015.