National Grid (MA)
ENERGY STAR Promotion
National Grid delivers electricity to approximately 3.3 million customers in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Upstate New York and is the largest distributor of natural gas in the northeastern United States. National Grid is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its comprehensive, multi-channel marketing campaign featuring ENERGY STAR to promote certified products and energy-saving behavior among its customers, in addition to its ongoing support and participation in ENERGY STAR product and seasonal campaigns. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Increasing the awareness of and demand for ENERGY STAR certified products through an integrated, multimedia consumer awareness and product marketing campaign that resulted in:
- More than 5.4 million ENERGY STAR certified lighting products sold through instant price discounts, direct online sales, and the online catalog.
- About 10,300 ENERGY STAR appliances and electronics sold through partnerships with retailers using mail-in rebates and incentive programs that also included the recycling of about 5,270 refrigerators and freezers.
- Promotional activities in nearly 2,000 retail partner stores that included training, events, and distribution of point-of-purchase materials.
- Engaging millions of consumers in a meaningful way through multi-channel education featuring ENERGY STAR and its energy, money, and environmental benefits that resulted in 92 million radio impressions, 17 million Pandora Radio impressions, 317,000 digital clicks to website and more than 5 million total lighting and products sold.
- Participating in EPA’s Brighten a Life with ENERGY STAR campaign through a successful partnership with the military nonprofit group Operation Stand-Down to support Rhode Island veterans secure housing, health benefits and job assistance. Participation resulted in sales of about 2,600 6-packs of camouflage ENERGY STAR certified light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs through an online portal.