National Asphalt Pavement Association
Partner of the Year - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) represents asphalt mixture producers and paving contractors. NAPA worked in partnership with ENERGY STAR® to develop resources that will enable the industry to better understand their energy performance and decrease greenhouse gas emissions from their facilities. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR partnership among its members, with six becoming ENERGY STAR partners in 2022.
- Developing an Asphalt Plant Energy Performance Peer Exchange program to share best practices and develop an initial set of resources supporting energy management at asphalt plants.
- Publishing The Road Forward, a vision for achieving net-zero carbon emissions for the asphalt pavement industry.
- Supporting the development of an ENERGY STAR asphalt pavement plant energy performance indicator tool that will assist asphalt producers to measure and benchmark the energy performance of their plants.
- Including a provision in the Asphalt Mixture Product Category Rule that allows Environmental Product Declarations for asphalt mixtures to include information about a company’s ENERGY STAR accomplishments.