Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance is a collaborative network advancing energy efficiency for sustainable economic development and environmental stewardship in the Midwest region, receiving Partner of the Year recognition. The Alliance has demonstrated leadership implementing Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) and the Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program throughout northern Illinois, in collaboration with investor-owned utilities, contractors, realtor associations, and appraisers. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Issuing approximately 900 HPwES Certificates of Completion in 2018 to homeowners who received qualifying retrofits, documenting energy saving measures and recognizing the investment in a more efficient home.
- Training contractors and home inspectors to offer the U.S. Department of Energy’s Home Energy Score through a pilot program that immerses attendees in training during a two-day bootcamp.
- Working with the National Association of Realtors and the Appraisal Institute to train real estate and appraisal professionals on energy efficiency, how to properly value energy efficiency features when selling homes.
- Facilitating Building Science Training Series as an opportunity to keep contractors educated and up-to-date with the latest home performance techniques; 100 contractors were trained with 10 courses in 2018.
- Providing support services to the contractor network that include an equipment loan program, a building science hotline, and a portal to job opportunities and prospective employees.
- Coordinating with four major investor-owned utility companies in northern Illinois – ComEd, Nicor Gas, Peoples Gas and North Shore Gas – to promote and implement Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR throughout their service territories.