Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) is a collaborative network advancing energy efficiency for sustainable economic development and environmental stewardship. MEEA is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its successful administration of the Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program, and for continuing to provide a state-wide platform for whole-home retrofit work. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Implementing the Illinois HPwES program after the program was transferred from the Illinois Office of Energy & Recycling.
- Issuing 7,000 HPwES project certificates of completion to homeowners, documenting energy saving measures and training 240 HPwES participating contractors to date.
- Supporting the National Association of Realtors Green Designation courses for over 75 real estate agents to expand the pool of agents with knowledge of the value of energy efficiency.
- Supporting the most well-attended Green Appraisal training course in Illinois that resulted in a total of 58 trained Green Appraisers, as recognized by the Appraisal Institute.
- Providing contractor support services that include an equipment loan program, a building science hotline, and a portal to find job opportunities and prospective employees.
- Training contractors to offer the Home Energy Score and launching a Home Energy Score pilot to test the viability of a state-wide offering.