Lighting Retailer or Showroom
Metro Lighting is receiving ENERGY STAR® recognition for serving as a trusted ENERGY STAR resource for the greater St. Louis community and for continuing to increase its ENERGY STAR certified product offerings by emphasizing the importance of ENERGY STAR to vendors, promoting the latest certified light-emitting diode (LED) technology, and communicating the connection between energy, ENERGY STAR, and the climate. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Continuing its commitment to increase stocking of a variety of ENERGY STAR certified lighting fixtures and bulbs, including ceiling fans, vent fans, decorative fixtures, LED bulbs, and commercial light fixtures.
- Retrofitting three main distribution warehouses’ high-intensity discharge (HID) lighting to LED, and continuing to retrofit incandescent bulbs to ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs in showrooms, saving more than 220,000 kilowatt hours (kWh) of electricity.
- Working with Ameren Missouri’s ActOnEnergy LED bulb program and vendors to increase the number of ENERGY STAR certified products offered and to educate associates on the benefits of ENERGY STAR lighting products. This collaboration has prevented more than 285,000 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions.
- Increasing total energy-related ad impressions by more than four million from 2014, with a focus on promoting ENERGY STAR certified products and what consumers can do to fight climate change.
- Helping businesses save more than eight million kWh of electricity with ENERGY STAR lighting products.