Lighting Retailer or Showroom
Metro Lighting is Missouri’s largest lighting distributor and has distinguished itself through its efforts to promote the sale of ENERGY STAR® certified lighting products and sustainable practices. Metro Lighting is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for serving as a trusted ENERGY STAR resource for the greater St. Louis community and for continuing to increase its ENERGY STAR certified product offerings and communicating the connection between energy, ENERGY STAR, and the climate. Key accomplishments in 2014 include:
- Continuing its commitment to increase stocking of a variety of ENERGY STAR certified lighting fixtures and bulbs, including a variety of ceiling fans, vent fans, decorative fixtures, light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs, and commercial light fixtures—achieving a 17-percent increase compared to 2013.
- Demonstrating its commitment to ENERGY STAR and the environment by changing 7,937 incandescent bulbs to ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs throughout its showrooms, saving more than one gigawatt hour annually, enough to power 104 homes.
- Working with Ameren Missouri’s ActOnEnergy LED program and vendors to increase the number of ENERGY STAR certified products offered and educate associates on the benefits of ENERGY STAR lighting products.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR lighting and how individuals can have a positive impact on climate change with energy efficiency through extensive point of purchase materials in showrooms, speaking and exhibiting at a variety of community events, and through radio ads, television spots, print ads, and articles. Efforts resulted in more than 10 million ENERGY STAR specific impressions.
- Offering free lighting audits and online sales of ENERGY STAR certified fixtures through web site updates, making it easier than ever for customers to switch to ENERGY STAR lighting.