New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
MetLife, Inc. is a global financial services company. MetLife has demonstrated ongoing dedication to corporate sustainability, leveraging the ENERGY STAR® program to achieve its environmental goals and engaging internal and external stakeholders on energy management best practices. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 30 properties.
- Launching a data improvement campaign to increase both the quantity and quality of whole building energy data across its portfolio. The campaign consisted of utility benchmarking, engineering interventions, and partnership with tenants to fill in data gaps and improve data maturity.
- Publishing three white papers on decarbonization, which included references to ENERGY STAR.
- Establishing a target of net-zero emissions for global operations and Metlife’s general account investment portfolio by 2050 or sooner, and to have at least 100 suppliers set reduction targets by 2025, with 70 currently committed.
- Conducting 10 ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunts to identify low- and no-cost energy savings measures.
- Hosting its annual EcoChallenge event, which is a two-week competition encouraging the adoption of eco-friendly habits, including conserving energy through ENERGY STAR best practices and installing ENERGY STAR certified products.