New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
MetLife, Inc. is a global financial services company. MetLife has demonstrated ongoing dedication to corporate sustainability, leveraging the ENERGY STAR® program to achieve its environmental goals and engaging internal and external stakeholders on energy management best practices. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 32 properties.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR Tenant Space recognition to its tenants through a tenant survey, providing information on criteria needed to apply for recognition.
- Conducting six ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunts to identify low- and no-cost energy savings measures.
- Integrating the ENERGY STAR score into its due diligence process for evaluating new properties, to better understand asset risk as it relates to energy use and the impacts of energy benchmarking disclosure laws.
- Continuing to promote educational resources that leverage ENERGY STAR through its Our Green Impact initiative, which engages approximately 10,000 MetLife employees. The program provides both on-site and virtual environmental education opportunities, such as Energy Action Month, an online discussion forum, green tips counting down until Earth Day, a newsletter, and volunteer events.
- Hosting the sixth year of its EcoChallenge event, which is a two-week competition encouraging the adoption of eco-friendly habits, including conserving energy through ENERGY STAR best practices and installing ENERGY STAR certified products.