New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
MetLife is a global financial services company. MetLife has demonstrated ongoing dedication to corporate sustainability and has leveraged the ENERGY STAR program to achieve its environmental goals and engage internal and external stakeholders on energy management best practices. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR Certification for 18 properties in 2020, representing over 10 million square feet of real estate across the company’s own operations and investments portfolio.
- Integrating ENERGY STAR into MetLife’s capital planning and budgeting processes, directing property managers to use ENERGY STAR Certified equipment where possible.
- Developing educational resources and virtual events to engage MetLife employees and customers while at home, which leverage ENERGY STAR resources and promote ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Hosting its EcoChallenge event virtually in October, tying the challenge closely to energy action month, which engaged 1,000 employees across 28 countries.
- Providing training to more than 100 property managers on how to benchmark their building in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and mobilizing over 100 suppliers to disclose their own energy consumption by encouraging use of ENERGY STAR certified products and ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Integrating the ENERGY STAR Ways to Save tips tool into its website, which automatically updates with new ENERGY STAR tips every day.