New York, New York
Partner of the Year
MetLife is a global financial services company. MetLife has demonstrated ongoing dedication to corporate sustainability and has leveraged the ENERGY STAR program to achieve its environmental goals while increasing overall portfolio value through the reduction of operating expenses. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR Certification for 25 properties in 2019, representing over 12 million square feet of real estate across the company's own operations and investments portfolio.
- Reducing average weather-normalized source energy use intensity by 3 percent from 2018 to 2019.
- Utilizing the ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management to develop MetLife's Energy Efficiency Guidelines, which provide easily executable, quick payback efficiency measures for its entire global office portfolio.
- Rolling out real-time energy monitoring dashboards to more than 110 investment properties for asset managers to continuously monitor ENERGY STAR scores, certification status and other consumption metrics from ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Expanding promotion of ENERGY STAR resources and tips, including promoting ENERGY STAR Certified programmable thermostats to new audiences such as MetLife Home & Auto policy customers.
- Hosting its EcoChallenge which engaged 2,000 employees across 28 countries to conserve the equivalent of 30,000 pounds of CO2 emissions and 75,000 gallons of water and changed over 400 light bulbs to ENERGY STAR certified models.