New York, New York
Partner of the Year
MetLife is a global financial services company, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to customers in over 40 countries, receiving Partner of the Year recognition. MetLife has demonstrated ongoing dedication to corporate sustainability and has leveraged the ENERGY STAR program to achieve its environmental goals while increasing overall portfolio value through the reduction of operating expenses. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 40 properties in 2018, representing over 22 million square feet of real estate across the company’s own operations and investments portfolio.
- Reducing average weather-normalized source energy use intensity by more than three percent from 2017 to 2018.
- Engaging over 10,000 employees in MetLife’s employee engagement program, Our Green Impact, by disseminating ENERGY STAR resources including Bring Your Green to Work, ENERGY STAR best practices, and promoting ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Leveraging the ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management to set performance goals for MetLife’s corporate real estate portfolio and MetLife Investment Management real estate properties.
- Communicating ENERGY STAR energy goals and successes to more than 10,000 stakeholders including investors, building tenants, clients, employees and the greater communities, through its campaigns such as Powerful Ideas®, Daylight Hour, internal trainings, corporate blog posts, tenant events, and social media.