Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Meritage Homes, a large national home builder, constructed more than 9,000 ENERGY STAR® certified homes in 2021, for a cumulative total of more than 87,500 homes since 2001. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Utilizing ENERGY STAR in all consumer print and electronic marketing materials to distinguish its building practices as delivering superior energy efficiency and quality of life to homebuyers.
- Providing a four-day onboarding process for all new sales associates and construction professionals that includes education about the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Conducting annual reviews of its Innovation Standards to ensure that construction continues to meet all ENERGY STAR program requirements.
- Developing interactive customer collateral with embedded videos featuring information about ENERGY STAR certification and building practices.
- Implementing construction innovations that increase energy savings and comfort, including installing multispeed HVAC equipment in every home.
- Committing to build all homes in accordance with both EPA’s ENERGY STAR and Indoor airPLUS program requirements.