Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Meritage Homes is one of the largest homebuilders in the nation and is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Meritage Homes certified 8,200 homes in 2018, saving over 75 million kilowatt hours annually, and resulting in more than $9 million in energy bill savings for consumers. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Promoting increased consumer education about ENERGY STAR through its collaborations with real estate professionals and other industry players.
- Working with Builder Magazine to build and display an advanced construction demonstration project showcasing ENERGY STAR building improvements and inspiring media articles aimed at educating the new construction industry.
- Continuing to operate 180 Learning Centers across the United States that “peel back” the walls of model homes so that consumers, municipalities, trades, and vendors can look inside the inner workings of the home, experience hands-on interactive displays, and view videos.
- Using their website, social media, and traditional marketing to improve the ability of buyers to discern better building practices and choose the improved quality of ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Hosting mandatory vendor, trade, and construction management training days in every division to provide continuous education on new program developments.
- Continuing to promote the value of ENERGY STAR by advocating for improved community policy, trade awareness, real estate professional education, appraisal processes, and mortgage underwriting criteria.